If you are looking for a smooth and slim pocket knife, this could be exactly what you need. The Ally is equipped with a standard SB black coated, partially ragged, AUS8 blade. To the back of the knife is a glass punch for extra performance. The handle is beveled, in order to lower down the overall weight to 2.92 ounces. There is a large lanyard hole, and a moveable pocket clip attached to the knife.
The knife can be carried in any way you desire. It is lean, sturdy, and has a very smooth opening and closing mechanism. There is a large hole punched out in the blade, which acts as an ambidextrous thumb opener. The knife is accompanied by a stainless steel clip, and a glass breaker at the end of the handle.
The Benchmade HK Ally Knife has been extremely popular lately; after all it is lots of functionality packed into just one small package. Now, let us check out the specifications and features of this small, sleek, functional and reliable pocket knife.
Length of the blade: 2.80 inches
Thickness of the blade: 0.115 inches
Material of the blade: made of AUS8 Stainless Steel
Hardness of the blade: 58-60 HRC
Blade Style: Modified Clip-Point; Ambidextrous Thumb-Hole
Weight of the knife: 2.92 ounces.
Lock Mechanism: Monolock
Overall Length of the knife: 6.87 inches
Length of the knife when closed: 4.10 inches
The blade on the HK Ally knife is a mixed edge upgraded clip point blade, which is stained in black. The blade is made from AUS8 stainless steel and has been rated 58-60 HRC on hardness. The blade on this knife also shows off a large hole near the handle, which works as a thumb opener. This makes it easier for the left-handed people to use this knife.
The Ally has been bestowed with a new single-piece, folded stainless steel handle, which adds to the strength of the knife. Multiple advantages to this new design are that now there are fewer pieces to compile, and lesser moving parts. The HK Ally pocket knife houses a mono-lock mechanism, and a removable steel pocket clip. The three holes on the sides of the handle help to cut down the weight of the knife. Thickness of this handle, and of the overall knife, is a just 0.3 inches, which makes this knife fit easily into your pocket and virtually invisible. The handle also has a glass breaker at the end of it.
When it came down to making a list of pros for this knife, it couldn’t have been easier. The blade is very sharp, and extremely easy to sharpen as well. It can very easily slip in and out of your pocket, because that is how thin it is. The pocket clip slips on very easily yet stays on tightly. The knife can be opened pretty easily with one hand using just the thumb. And it stays put in its closed position tightly. And it is great for carrying in tight pants or dress pants. Another possible benefit of the HK Ally knife, is that the little glass breaker at the back of it is pretty sharp, and the knife can fit snugly right inside a closed fist with the glass breaker extending out just a little bit. This makes it an excellent hidden tool in a self defense situation.
The cons that come along with this knife don’t really affect its working; it all depends on what you use your knife for. The knife sometimes cannot be held at an edge for a long time. The finish on the blade wears off sort of quickly if rigorously used, but you can always get it for servicing to the Benchmade. It’s little bit small and might be tricky to open for people with larger hands. And it might poke into your palm if not gripped properly, but that’s just the issue of caution, which you should have while using a knife.
Our Verdict on the Benchmade HK Ally Pocket Knife
One of the greatest features to this knife is the price; the Ally with this price is expected to be a very popular choice in the market. Law Enforcement, first time knife buyers, knife enthusiasts, and everyone else will be attracted to this little piece of art. If you are looking for a good solid knife with a great deal for the price range it falls in, then we would say this could be the knife for you.
Small, smooth, functional, reliable, and most probably one of the narrowest pocket knives in the market today. Combining the form and function into an enticingly priced package, makes it a must to have Benchmade HK Ally Pocket Knife by your side. After all, Ally has lived up to the brand name of Benchmade in being one of the most durable and most reliable knives in the making. Hence, we would heartily recommend the Benchmade HK Ally Pocket knife for you.
Bestselling Benchmade Pocket Knives
- BUILT TO PERFORM: Simplicity meets unmatched function, no matter the application; Ideal for pretty much everything.
- AMERICAN MADE CPM-S30V STAINLESS STEEL: Extremely well-balanced; superb edge qualities and rust resistance.
- THE GRIVORY HANDLE: Is fully ambidextrous, has a textured grip, and is molded from glass-filled nylon for superior durability.
- AXIS LOCKING MECHANISM: Ensures safety and a smooth open and easy close; Reversible clip; Lanyard hole for versatile carry options.
- TAKE YOUR BENCHMADE ANYWHERE: With its reduced profile and lightweight design, the Mini Griptilian 556 is the perfect addition to your EDC collection, backpack, survival kit, tackle box, and more.
- ICONIC: The 945BK-1 Mini Osborne upholds the same unique styling of the 940, while scaling down the overall profile.
- WELL DESIGNED: Sporting the classic reverse tanto blade shape and blue baselayer handle
- HIGH QUALITY: Made in the USA with a CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC) Steel Blade.
- VERSATILE : An everyday carry that is always ready with a Mini Split Arrow pocket clip.
- Sport Type: Recreation
- ULTRALIGHT DESIGN: A slim, sleek stealth knife that adds confidence to your kit; Lightweight design for optimal strength-to-weight ratio
- AMERICAN MADE CPM-3V STEEL: A powder-metal tool steel engineered for high stress and extreme force; Exceptionally tough with good edge retention; Requires a little extra care to keep the rust off
- GRIVORY HANDLE: Extremely stable and durable handle; Aluminum pommel for hammering rounds out the functionality of this tactical knife
- AXIS LOCKING MECHANISM: Ensures safety and a smooth open and easy close; Mini tip-up reversible deep-carry pocket clip for ultimate accessibility
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE: Slim profile and lightweight design that's easy to take anywhere and everywhere; Add it to your EDC collection, backpack, survival kit and more
- Blade Edge: Serrated. Blade Finish/Color: Coated. Blade Steel: D2 (60-62 HRC)
- Blade Style/Shape: Spear-point. Clip Type: Mini Deep-Carry. Clip Position: Reversible Tip-Up/Down
- MOLLE Compatible: Yes. Use: Rescue, Tactical. Blade Style: Serrated Spear-Point
- Included components: pouch